Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Insurance said YES!

After lots of wonderful phone calls between my OB office manager, the study coordinator, and a very helpful nurse from our insurance company, we got a YES on the first try!

So, here is the schedule now.  Flight times are tbd.

Monday - Matt & I fly down to San Francisco

Tuesday/Wednesday - Sonograms, MRI, and other tests

Wednesday - Doctors meet to decide if we are good candidates

If NO - we fly home on Thurday

If YES - we randomize to either the postnatal group, or prenatal group

Postnatal group - we go home on Thursday, come back towards the end of Aug (37 weeks) to deliver via c-section and have Ruth's surgery at UCSF.

Prenatal group - we have the surgery on FRIDAY!!  After the surgery I will stay in the hospital about a week until I am stable and not in immediate danger of preterm labor.  Once released, I will stay in a nearby family house until the baby is born, and released from the hospital, probably in September.

We are of course hoping for the Prenatal surgery, but are willing to accept any of the 3 outcomes.  Ruth is in God's hands, I know he will guide us to the best place for her.  Prayers still very much appreciated.

Side note:  had a quick OB appt this morning, and little Ruth looks great.  Will go back in 2-3 weeks if we do not get the prenatal surgery.