Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Well, not a post I wanted to write. I found myself admitted back into the hospital. I woke up this morning with contractions, and went up to be monitored. After seeing strong regular contractions and some dilation, I am now admitted. They gave me a steriod shot to help the baby's lungs mature, and I am on magnesium sulfate to stop contractions. They have slowed down but definitely not stopped. Right now the plan is to stay in the hospital, hoping they can get the labor to stop. If things become emergent then they will deliver her via c-section, hopefully not until at least the steriods have a chance to mature her lungs. I wasn't given a whole lot of hope to be released before she is born, which will likely be in the next week or two. We are hoping for at least 34 weeks, about 2.5 weeks from now. Please pray that she can hold out at least that long. I will post updates when I can.


1 comment:

  1. I am praying so hard for you and little Ruth!